Technical Director – Harry Bingham
I would first like to thank The Veneto Club Board and FC Bulleen Lions Sub-Committee for giving me the opportunity to perform the role of Technical Director of Football (TDF) and implement a Football Model (our “Scuola Di Calcio”) that facilitates development inclusive of the following elements:
• A junior development framework consisting of a Development Phase & a Performance Phase:
– The Development Phase refers to the U12 to U15 age groups, where the focus is on the enjoyment of the game and development of the games skills. In this phase, players are given, on average, minimum game time so that all players have the opportunity to develop.
– The Performance Phase refers to the U16 and above age groups where the focus is on preparing youth players for senior football. In this phase players will be placed in an environment where game time is earned (on merit) through attendance, attitude and PERFORMANCE.
• The recruitment & development of the right (appropriately accredited) junior coaches who care about the players first and will embrace the FCBL way of playing – “Attacking, possession based football with an emphasis on winning the ball back”.
• Junior playing squads limited to 16 players & 1 goal keeper, so that players are not only playing more but also training & playing up on merit.
• Additional training sessions that focus’ on teaching players technical skills through a repeat practice methodology and tactical skills where they need to “think the game”. Players will be encouraged to solve football problems as they occur on field, make the right decisions under pressure and then execute with precision. There is no secret, if players want to get better they need to do more hours training & playing football.
• Continue with the European tour for our U16 Boys where they experience life as an elite footballer but also introduce more/new “Football/Life Experience” tours for other age groups including the Girls’ teams. Players get better when challenged, so playing in elite competitions/tournaments or against teams from professional clubs can only accelerate their development.
• We will also introduce a retention policy where Coaches, with the TDF, will be able to nominate players for retention. Based on merit during the season, these players will be offered a place and not have to trial for selection. This approach will be supported by the Player Evaluation reports & parent/player meetings. The year on year retention “goal” is ≥ 75%
I am confident that our “Scuola Di Calcio” will result in our own young players filtering into our senior squads in coming seasons. We believe that we will deliver the quality of player who will fit the FC BULLEEN LIONS’ SHIRT with pride. Because a player will ONLY FIT THE SHIRT, when he or she is of the standard that allows for the shirt to FIT HIM or HER.